Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hurrah! Fake moral outrage is in vogue.

The 'Righteous' Indian Government has come down heavily on the TV channel AXN for broadcasting vile and corrupting programming on our so holier-than-thou airwaves. Sony Entertainment (Who own AXN) are promptly closing down the channel while muttering "I didn't do nuffing!" but we know those weasels are guilty don't we. I heartily agree with the government's decision, we don't need no stinking western entertainment, specially since we have chaste and socially acceptable entertainment of our own i.e. music videos, item numbers and celebrity kissing controversies.

In related news (Who am I kidding?) the Shilpa Shetty/racial comment controversy still rages. Gotta love it when a PR exercise is mistaken for a racial attack. I would like to point out this story for your perusal. Well at least now our Shilpa seems to be a shoe-in to win, that will increase the prestige of the nation I'm sure.

No comments: